Inspection Solutions continue to support the construction industry with their H & S, providing advice to Principal Designers, Clients and Principal Contractors as well as meeting the needs of individuals.
- H & S project management
- Method Statements
- Risk assessments
- H & S advice, support and keeping you in touch with new legislation
Important information regarding, Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015
The new CDM Regulations have now been through Parliament and will become law on 6th April 2015, replacing the CDM Regulations 2007.
The principal changes which you need to be aware of are as follows:
- Strengthening of Client duties;
- Introduction of Domestic Clients;
- Replacement of CDM Co-ordinator by a Principal Designer for the planning, managing, monitoring and coordination of pre-construction phase health & safety;
- A Principal Designer and Principal Contractor will be required on all projects where there will be more than one contractor working on the project;
- The replacement of explicit requirements for duty-holder competence with the need for the appropriate skills, knowledge and experience;
- Changes to the HSE’s Notification level – F10 will only be required for projects lasting more than 500 person days, or lasting more than 30 days with more than 20 workers simultaneously.
The Client has overall responsibility for the successful management of the project and is supported by the Principal Designer and Principal Contractor in different phases of the project. For the successful delivery of a project, good working relationships between the duty holders are essential from the start.
- The Client ensures that the construction project is set up so that it is carried out from start to finish in a way that adequately controls the risks to the health and safety of those who may be affected.
- The Principal Designer manages health and safety in the pre-construction phase of a project and also extends to the construction phase through its duties to liaise with the Principal Contractor with ongoing design work.
- The Principal Contractor manages the construction phase of a project. This involves liaising with the Client and Principal Designer throughout the project, including during the pre-construction phase.
As with all previous compliance issues we will be providing support services to our Clients, Principal Contractors and Contractors to ensure CDM2015 compliance, however, it is important that the complexity and nature of the responsibility for H & S is recognised by all concerned.
Further information can be obtained from The HSE website or give us a call.