Services for Social Housing

Landlords Energey Performance Certificates ExampleWe offer a wide range of services to social housing, which includes:

  • Home Information Packs
  • Home Condition Reports
  • Home Condition Surveys
  • Energy Performance Certificates (see below)
  • Gas Certificates
  • Photographs
  • Electronic Inventories
  • Check in / Check out
  • Floor Plans

Social Housing Energy Performance Certificates

Energy Performance Certificates have been in force for all Domestic Properties as part of the Home Information Pack since December 2007.

Social Housing Energy certificates EPC will be required for all Local Authority and private landlords buildings in England and Wales from October 2008. This has significant implications for registered social landlords.

When is an EPC required?

The EPC must be provided every time a property is marketed to potential new tenants. A new EPC need not be provided on renewal of a tenancy agreement. The documents must be available when the property is being viewed, or when an offer of accommodation is made.

Validity period - EPCs used for rental purposes can be valid for up to 10 years. This applies to EPCs issued for both existing and new-build properties.